Bacon Deviled Eggs w. Caramelized Onions and Cheddar Cheese
Allow me to re-introduce myself, my name is Hooooov, actually no. More like what the folks at the Endless Meal like to refer to as the “dietkiller”. Allow me to reintroduce you to bacon, or turkey bacon depending on your preference. Like they said at the Endless Meal, if you’re on a diet “Once he makes an appearance you can kiss your well intentioned diet’s ass(ets) goodbye“. I was speechless when I saw this recipe and immediately started to think of how well Gwaltney or Godshall’s turkey bacon substitute would taste in these babies. Well naturally there’s only one way to find out..
|Bacon Deviled Eggs with Caramelized Onions and Cheddar Cheese Recipe||
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy (reserve fat for cooking onions)
- 1/4 cup onions, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (light) mayonaise
- A small handful finely grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop cooked bacon, remove any pieces that are chewy
- Saute onions over medium heat in a few tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes
- Carefully remove yolks from hardboiled eggs and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mash together with a fork until everything is well incorporated.
- Add salt to taste
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the yolk/bacon mix into each egg white
- Sprinkle with freshly grated pepper before serving.